Aug 5, 2010

Some Good News For A Change

First of all, I am recovering really well from the double mastectomy I had on July 7! I went on a mountain bike ride in the woods yesterday. 'Nuff said.

Also - and this is really good - my surgeon said that, because I had such a positive response to chemotherapy, that my prognosis (my long-term survival) is getting better and better!

Last, but not least, I was told yesterday that I am an inspiration! My friend K. and I were talking on the phone. She told me that women are universally afraid of getting breast cancer. That, I knew. But she said that I am getting through all the treatment and misery in such a fine way, that she is now not quite so much afraid of it. Breast cancer is not so scary. Wow, that is so significant, so meaningful to me. Almost makes getting breast cancer worthwhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment