Oct 28, 2010

The P**p on P**p for Ladies

Well, I didn't want to say 'poop' out loud in public, so I used the asterisks. But now that you're reading this I can tell you that I found out something about pooping, and being regular, that I just had to share with my girlfriends. I do like to use my little forum for the occasional public service announcement. And here it is: The secret to daily pooping is - Prune Juice! I am not kidding! Prune juice! I felt like a senior citizen (not that I have anything against senior citizens) buying PJ at the Giant. I might as well be buying Geritol, I thought. I guess if you can remember Geritol, you really might be a senior citizen. I'll let the young folks google it.

Anyhoo, my wonderful, wonderful psychiatrist, Dr Lois Conn, recommended PJ years ago but I hadn't tried it til now because, well, it's for old people! But, with all the procedures and drugs I've been having this year, I needed some help in the pooping department. Most of the drugs that I've had to take, and it's been so many, lists 'constipation' as one of the side effects, so I broke down and bought a bottle. I have to tell you, it doesn't taste real great. I prefer OJ. But, oh wow, does it work! Fortunately, I happened to read about drinking PJ for regularity just before I started drinking it. It was recommended to start out with a small glass of PJ, instead of the extra large size drink that most of us seem to have these days. It's a good thing that I only drink about 1/3 cup each morning because otherwise, I would be in the bathroom too much. It's that effective!

I'm sorry if this sounds like a Sunsweet commercial but I really, really like the idea that PJ is natural. It's not a chemical laxative nor is it an artificial bowel stimulant. It's also got lots of fiber, and not the added cellulose kind found in those fiber drinks.

So, let the young folks laugh when they look in my fridge and see PJ in there. I poop like a man these days - ie. each and every day - and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment