May 12, 2010

A peanut butter cup broke my heart today. It tasted like the wrapper it was packaged in, plus a little peanut-butter-flavored sawdust! You'd think that this would keep me from eating candy or cookies or brownies, etc. But, alas, no. I am ever hopeful that some of the yummy taste I love so much will shine through. I should really remind myself at times like this that tastelessness is an indicator of just how well the chemo is working! Also, I am extremely lucky to have entered this battle healthy and strong because, so far, I am essentially bulletproof. Even the worst of the chemo, back in January and February, couldn't send me all the way down into disability. That thought gives me a thrill that no peanut butter cup can match!

1 comment:

  1. Peanut-butter flavored sawdust along with the wrapper taste sounds like the chemo IS working. I don't blame ya for hoping some of the yummy tastes you love will shine through. You are such a strong woman getting through all of this!

    ReplyDelete