Feb 2, 2010

Finally

It's eleven days after my last chemo and I finally can say that I'm feeling good, albeit with a small head cold. It's really amazing that I have any good days, considering that I'm going through a treatment that, in the past, made people very ill the entire time that it was happening. I am a lucky girl! And - I'm a bald girl! David shaved my head last night to rid me of the last remaining stragglers of hair. In a show of solidarity, he shaved his head, too! It was actually quite hilarious to watch as the hair came off. We had many different configurations of baldness as we went: the mohawk, the bottom fringe, etc. Many apologies to those men who have permanently lost hair, but we gotta find the humor when we can!

1 comment:

  1. don't think of it as being bald....think of it as wearing one of those "bathing caps" we used to wear as little girls :-)

    ReplyDelete