Feb 3, 2010

Marbles

I got my marbles today! Before you read on, just get all the 'lost your marbles?/ found your marbles?' dialogues overwith.... OK, done now? Right! So, I saw this neat idea on a website for women taking chemotherapy for breast cancer. It was a set of eight small 'stretchy' bracelets made of pink and iridescent beads. Real cute. You wear all eight of them on one arm and as you finish a chemo treatment, you move a bracelet to the other arm. I've always liked a good graphic reminder. I nearly ordered the bracelets when the Oncologist told me that, instead of the usual eight chemo treatments, I hit the jackpot and will need 28. That won't translate so good into the bracelet idea. I got visions of bracelets popping off, getting too stretchy and getting really dirty over all that time. Enter the marbles! I ordered these special, online. Right now the 'Finished' plate looks a little forlorn. But, over time, I'll pack 'em in and fill up that plate, one pretty marble at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment