Jan 8, 2010

Chemo - Day 1

Hi - I want to tell you a little about what happened on the first day of chemo but first I need to thank you all very much for your prayers, thoughts, messages of encouragement, phone calls and good wishes! They are all communication from your spirit to mine (and God's). I believe that we are all connected - this is not just New Age touchy-feely stuff. When I study the sciences, I learn more about how we are all connected, physically (really!). Many religions teach that we are all one, and so we are. You thoughts send me POWER and I feel it. Thanks! By the way, if someone could communicate the winning Lotto numbers ahead of time, I'd appreciate that too!

So, Chemo, Day1:

Took about 4 hours. Started with port access, blood test, steroid injection, anti-upchuck meds, etc. Then came two injections over ten minutes of the "Red Devil", Adriamycin (don't google it - too scary!). Then, a one hour infusion of Cytoxen (ditto on the google-ing). The nurses and staff at the Sinai Hospital Infusion Center are awesome! On this first day of chemo, we had so many staff visitors giving us support and info that we never even turned on the TV and I didn't finish a single crossword puzzle! I felt real good when we left so we went out to lunch and then stopped at Princeton Sports. Got home, took a nap and felt crappy when I woke up - headache and nausea. Drank lots of water, breathed, walked around and visited with David and N. Felt much better by 6:30 pm and ate an old standby - saltines and tomato soup! And I can't leave out 'The Simpsons' therapy. Comes on channel 54 at 6:00 and 7:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment