Jan 2, 2010

Day 1 of Blog

Hi, I just set up my first blog so that I can keep everyone updated on my status. I'm not a writer like my Olivia but I'll do the best I can! It's called The Posse because I need YOU to watch my back and back me up, just like a posse!


Two days before Christmas 2009, we found out that I have breast cancer. Nice Christmas present, huh? Finding out that I have cancer is bad news, but it immediately did two positive things for me: 1 - I have a focus! I had direction and purpose to my life before cancer, but with cancer there is a sharp, pinpoint focus and a very strong mission. Nothin' like it! 2 - I experienced an immediate, overwhelming outpouring of support and LOVE from family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. Feels like a tidal wave of concern. It's very lush and full; very sustaining. It may sound odd, but at this point, the elation of being on the receiving end of all that love and support far, far outweighs fear and dread. I sleep well and feel happy. That's got to be good for cancer fightin'. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment