Jul 10, 2010

Yay! It's over! Now, instead of getting anxious about my surgery, I can get busy recovering. Well, not too busy because resting is one of the most important things I have to do. I have some pain but it's controlled very nicely
with Percocet. I have five drains! The cute little camisole with the convenient drain pocket doesn't work so well when you try to stuff five of them in there! So, we took the surgeon's advice and pulled out my old fanny pack from the 80's and, after a good scrubbing, works quite well to contain all of the drain bulbs. David says that I have 'out'-testines now. Get it? Intestines/ 'out'-testines? Ha ha! Okay, not so funny; but you have to find humor wherever you can. Today, I got tired of having a concave chest so I inserted the falsies that came with the camisole. Looks okay so far. Lets hope they don't move around too much. There are lots and lots of other options for making boobs appear and I'm sure I'll be trying them out. Just not yet. David and Olivia are taking very good care of me and our home and my recovery is progressing well. I am grateful for those things and also feeling very much lighter. Not just lighter in weight but lighter in spirit since most of my breast tissue is gone and, as far as I'm concerned, less of a threat of recurrence. Double Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Jo and I are thinking about you and your clan. Your post is right in line with the great spirit you and David possess. Love ya both and still have an open invitation to you for a quick relaxing trip to the Jersey Shore if you are up to it soon enough... - Bob & Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jane your positive spirit is amazing! Glad all went well with the surgery and that so far the recovery seems to also be progressing well. Take care, all of you!

    Marty

    ReplyDelete