Sep 23, 2010

Wah, wah!

May I gripe a little about how my time is used these days? I have so many medical and cancer-related appointments. Radiation Therapy every day, Monday through Friday. Herceptin treatments every three weeks. Blood tests every other week. Surgical follow-up visits. Medical Oncologist appointments, Radiation Oncologist appointments, etc. etc. Now, don't get me wrong, I am so very grateful for and appreciative of all of the treatments and care that I am getting. It's all keeping me alive and healthy and I love it. I'm just getting tired. Seems like I don't have many uninterrupted hours. Hours uninterrupted by a trip to Sinai. It kind of reminds me, a little, of when Olivia was very small. You get small parcels of time when your kids are little. An hour here, two hours there. Then it's time to care for the little angels again. That was a wonderful time and I love Olivia and her brother Alex so, so much that taking care of them was a pleasure. They were (and are) precious and adorable and very, very dear. Not so for cancer. I loathe the cancer. I despise it. If I could I would smack it right in the face. Squash the living daylights out of it. I would love to hook it up to the bumper of my car and drag it up and down York Road until it's a bloody mess. But I can't. So, instead, I offer myself up to the wonderful folks at Sinai to bash the cancer for me. Often.

1 comment:

  1. instead of running it down York road can you run it down Northern Parkway and add to the nightmare traffic that happens every weekday morning between 7:45-9am...It seems like such a SHITTY time to be doing roadwork and cause a HUGE back-up every morning..Sorry-I had to bitch about it because I passed David sitting in it this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete