Feb 24, 2011

I'm off to the Breast Center at Northwest Hospital today for a biopsy. I found two small lumps on my left side about 8 days ago. Two docs, both my Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist have taken a look and are not particularly worried. They think the lumps might be scar tissue because they appear, actually on both sides, near the end of the scars. It would also be incredibly bad luck to have a recurrence of the cancer right now. If it has come back, it is quite virulent. It would have had to survive the five months of chemo and 24 radiation treatments and bilateral mastectomies! Also, the PET/CT scan I had just this past December was clear; it showed no remaining disease.

So, given all that, I'm not especially worried about today. I might have ignored the lumps but now is the time to be vigilent, not to assume that everything's OK. But, the docs want me to go ahead with the biopsy anyway - just to be sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment