Jul 5, 2011

July the Fourth and other bits

Yesterday was the Fourth of July. We went to see the neighborhood fireworks in the evening. We love these fireworks and have gone to see them every year for quite a while now. It's not a long drive, there isn't much traffic to deal with and, best of all, you're up close so you can lay on a blanket and look up and the fireworks explode right over you in the sky.

As we walked across the school fields, I remembered that I was bald at last year's fireworks.

Tonight, we got a snowball - a great Baltimore summer tradition. I got chocolate, of course, and also remembered, again, that the last time I had a snowball, I was bald. Totally hairless, actually. No eyelashes, no armhair, no eyebrows, etc.

It's amazing the difference a year makes. Now I have hair, and cancer is starting to seem more like a memory and less like a daily reality.

I had a PET/CT scan today. Nothing's wrong - it was just a follow-up. There is still a small (very small) amount of anxiety about the result but I'm confident that the cancer is gone. Last month, I saw a plastic surgeon. He specializes in breast reconstruction after mastectomy. One of the questions I had for him was about recurrence. Of the cancer. I asked what would happen to my new chest if I had a recurrence. He said that it would depend on where the tumor was located. He also said - and this is so great - that I probably wouldn't have a recurrence. He knows what treatments I've had. He said that women who get all the things they threw at me usually didn't get recurrences. Oh, boy, was I happy to hear him say that!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chats on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed. After two weeks I went to the test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of disease.

    ReplyDelete