May 18, 2010

A Little Perspective, Please

I found out something about a friend of mine last night that shocked me. Then, it completely awed me because this person revealed to me that she suffered abuse as a child. I won't go into any details but suffice it to say that she went through years of an ongoing nightmare that no child should have to endure. And yet, I never suspected anything like that had happened to her. She is warm and funny and smart and really has made a great life for hereself. She is successful on a number of planes. I am inspired by her example. Something horrible- far more horrible than cancer and for far longer than any cancer treatment- came into her life and she survived and thrives! What a strong woman! How deep her heart is that she is able to give to others! It gives me a new perspective on what I am experiencing with breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment