Jun 4, 2010

You know how, sometimes, you know something is a little "off" but you don't know what it is or why it's off? I had that feeling the other evening. It was late at night and things often feel "off" when I'm up a little too late. Then, I go
to bed and wake up the next morning and everything has been reset; the thing that wasn't right the night before is now OK. Well, now I'm putting too much importance on the little insight that follows by talking about it too much! So - I realized that I need the normal David back. He is so very caring and sympathetic. Not to mention the fact that he himself is dealing with the stress and anguish of a loved one having cancer. David had been lounging around with me, watching too much TV and eating way too much food. I haven't been capable of any real exercise for some time now and David was moping around too. I told David that I wanted the real David back. The energetic, fit, happy David. That it was OK to leave me and go for a bike ride or go kayaking or go out to the garage and work on a project. I realized that I needed a healthy David much more than I needed a couch companion. Although I love it when we spend down together I really prefer my busy, active David. Loyal husband that he is, David is now riding his bike to work again and  did not join me for ice cream last night. What a guy I have!

1 comment:

  1. Now I can't get a certain song outta my head:
    "...So won't the real *Slim Shady please stand up,
    please stand up, please stand up?"

    *replace Slim Shady with David Grant: )

    I always look forward to reading your blogs Jane. Thank you for sharing and enriching the lives of all who read your personal experience.

    ReplyDelete