Oct 10, 2011

More Surgery!

So I have another surgery scheduled for this Friday, the 14th. I'm going to start the breast reconstruction process. Step one is expander placement, happening this Friday. Over the next two months, I'll go to the plastic surgeon's office for saline injections each week. Then, I rest for two more months. Then it will be time to get breast implants. Yay! I'll have breasts again! This is no small thing. I feel deformed; I am deformed. My chest is concave. Even a small breasted woman has something there!

I don't want big ones. I want nice little ones that don't bounce too much with exercise. The surgeon can do that - make them have less bounce. So I can still be active and not have to wear the giant masher bra I used to wear:


Speaking of the plastic surgeon, you should have seen his office! Plush, expensive everything. A waterfall in the waiting room. Expensive lighting, expensive carpets and cabinetry. My doctor comes very highly recommended for breast reconstruction after mastectomy. But he makes his money with cosmetic surgeries. Hence, the plush office. David had some amusing comments to make about the office but only I noticed that all the young women working in the outer office were wearing matching, low-ish cut black shirts. And all had matching big boobs! Must have been an employee discount...

I'm having the usual pre-surgery nervousness. Nothing major because I have confidence in the surgeon and the anesthesiologist at Northwest Hospital. I'm hoping that after these two procedures, I won't ever need surgery again!

No comments:

Post a Comment